Sunday, February 1, 2009

Anonymous



Dear Anonymous


I am very happy that i have at least some readers that frequently visit the page and leave what they think behind, so i know what to improve on and things of that sort. But this one is killing me, on the last 3 or so post you have been the only commentator, and leaving what seems to be almost words of wisdom behind. Now i think i have a very good idea about who you are, but there are some things that have thrown me for a loop. One of your clues that you left behind was I the comment about the essay I read in class titled “o Rotten Gotham.” Now you see, I am pretty sure that we were at a campfire in one of our close friends backyards when you put one of the ipod headphones in my ear and told me to listen to this speech given by Baz Luhrmann, that was recently made into a song. The speech was call “sunscreen,” and one of the best lines of advice from it was(see quote at bottom)…. So if I am right about my anonymous reader, I am letting you know you better think your comments through a little harder if you still wish to remain so.. :)
Goodnight ******

"Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...But trust me on the sunscreen."

manolo blanik and football said...

Josh,

i would like to let you know that you put all of our blogs to shame
:(

Mr. Ayers said...

Here's some more info on that speech/song. When it came out, everybody was convinced that it was a Kurt Vonnegut speech.