Thursday, April 30, 2009

Really?




My life as an 18 year old human being has many advantages and disadvantages. Being 18 we can be shipped off to a foreign land with a gun and protect our country from all the “bad guys.” We can drive as late as we want, we don’t have any restrictions on the movies I can see, and I can smoke cigarettes. Can’t have a beer yet, or go to the bathroom when I need too? This is my exact thought process that was growing inside my head after I had asked to use the bathroom in my high school science class. I got up, and while walking out of the door I looked back and said “I am going run to the bathroom real fast,” thinking that was the least I could do. If I had really wanted to I should have just got up and left with out saying anything. But I stopped on a dime when I heard the “NO!” come out of the teachers mouths. The thing that pisses me off is that I am a pretty respectable kid if I do say so myself, and I have never asked to go during an important discussion or anything of that nature. We were all quietly working on some pointless work sheet that he handed out for some busy work. I just replied to him with, what had to be the most dumbfounded look upon face, “Really?” This is one of those teachers who thinks he needs to be a hard ass and make kids learn, when in reality all that did is made me look at him with no more respect, then that of a freshmen in high school.

1 comment:

Dromedary Hump said...

Peeing on the floor would have been out of the question, I imagine.

I bet the guy was thinking, "well...if this kid goes to pee, whats to stop the whole class from leaving to pee?". But its a stunted and immature thought process. Unless there was a history of this kind of thing, he would be making an unwarranted assuption, and was likely just exercising his power inorder to cover his insecurity about his authority.

well...you know the old saying: Those who can do, those who can't teach.

Hump