Thursday, April 23, 2009

Torture>?

There has been quite the buzz going around lately about Torture and all the “techniques” that the US used with many of its prisoners. This has me at a cross road, I can see the thought behind it. This makes perfect sense, if you need some one to tell you something make it so they have to tell you. But on the other hand think about it, who are we to say you are going to tell me this or I will hurt you in ways you never thought possible or ways that will bring you to the brink of death. That cant be right. One of the methods used a lot is called “Water boarding” check out this video of one of my favorite writers Christopher Hitchens experience this first hand … he makes very good points at the end… I found this disturbing… So simple yet so affective.



Here was a recent discussion about Torture on all of our favorite source for news. FOX. This features Shepard Smith a news anchor completely speaking his mind on live TV. This is one of the few times I feel like a agree with what is being said on the news network. There are some very good points being brought up here and this is worth watching. This is an extremely touchy subject and it is amazing to me that this stuff has not been brought up before…. This is insane how have we been letting people get away with this kind of stuff, especially in the United States of America.

No comments: