Monday, March 9, 2009

Go Ahead



As a complete stranger and I came rolling to the stop sign simultaneously, I saw the old man gesture out the window. The gesture is the worldwide sign for “go ahead” and I didn’t think anything of it at first. But after thinking about it for one second… it really got me thinking for some strange reason. What I noticed about the man waved me on was that he was a pretty old man, most likely around 65, but still very lively. This was the first time that I had noticed that an older man waved me on and it was kind of startling to me, I have taken noticed before when for example women or, kids that look about 12 have waved me on but not an old man. The fact that this man waved me along and didn’t just take his normal stubborn old man “ I was first “ mentality was a good thing to see…. The point that I am trying to get at is that I stumbled upon the reason that teenagers (boys especially) love to finally get behind the steering wheel of a car, its because they are beginning to be looked at like everyone else and that is important. And now nearing the day of high school graduation I cant wait for the teachers that have looked at me like the 12 year old behind the steering wheel, might finally wave me on because they see me as an equal..

Have a good day

No comments: