Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Final Frontier


As I was sitting in my A.P. Environmental science class yesterday we started talking about how much we know about the world around us. We started talking about what we knew and about what we didn’t know. Then I really started to think hard about this subject. Then moments after I caught my teacher contradicting himself, or in my opinion, he did. He called Space the final frontier; I seem to disagree with this. This is because earlier in the class room discussion we talked about all we knew and he said that we know more about the surface of the moon, then we do about our own ocean floor. How can this space we talk about be the final frontier when we have already reached it with human beings and it so far away. Our ocean is the most mysterious thing that we have on this planet. We can touch the ocean yet we still don’t have the technology to study it in depth as we are with outer space. It scary to think that we haven’t even explored all there is to explore on this planet and we are already trying to study all the others, sure it might be more interesting but I don’t like the fact that there are unknowns about the planet that I live on. But maybe that’s what makes it so interesting and mysterious. Have a good day…

No comments: